Monday, August 10, 2009

PSA...Don't Shop at Pet Smart

I am all about supporting people who support you!!!

Especially with the economy being the way it is businesses are FIGHTING over customers.

Big name chain retail shops are all doing things to draw people into their stores...as they should be.

It is the little things like what they add to the world that make the difference of where I shop.

Target gives back to the local school districts...I SHOP THERE!!!

HEB donates to local food banks...I SHOP THERE!!!

Petco donates to events that support St Jude's Children's Hospital...I SHOP THERE!!!

Pet Smart...well let's just be honest...

I can walk in to Petco or Pet Smart and give two shits where I am.

They both cater to my dog's needs by over pricing the items I need...but make up for the cost with the experience of allowing me tote my dogs along to help decide what is best.

So those little things make the difference...

Pet Smart is closer to my house...but I will drive the extra miles...I will tell you why...

(Did you doubt that I would)

We are hosting an event to raise money for St Jude's Children's Hospital.

A dog wash!!!

We are going to "Wash Away Cancer"

So we hit the community...bc a community that supports each other...grows together!!!

Petco is going to donate soap & treat bags for the dogs...YEAH!!!

Wiggles N Wags is donating HOME MADE DOGGIE TREATS!!!

Pet Smart said that donating to this event would be a conflict of interest.

If that was all they said then I would have just figured that they supported another cancer foundation...or something...

but what came out of the manager's mouth next was what astounded me.

Mind you that one of our reps went in and presented the man with our intentions...we were going to host a one time pet wash to raise money to donate to the hospital...and that we wanted them to potentially donate soap or other supplies.

His response...

This would be a conflict of interest...you are washing dogs...that is what we do here...why would be help you take business from us.

Our response...

IT IS FOR KIDS WITH CANCER...not for profit...Go figure this Pet Smart is in a retail strip where Circuit City...AND Linen's N Things once lived...this strip is cursed...and your business will be the next to close FOR SURE...

Of course we didn't say those things...because that would make our company the same as theirs...our rep recognized that she was representing more than herself...way to go miss christi

So class...let's go over what we covered today...

GIVE BACK

&

DON'T SHOP PET SMART!!!

No comments: