Monday, December 15, 2008

Choices

One of my favorite places to be during a rush is at the door...that way I can control the flow...

I was at the front one day when two rotund ladies approached the host stand. They requested a table for two...and said that it must be a table (to accommodate)...and that they were STARVING

I doubted that...

The larger of the two approached me two seconds later to again tell me that she was STARVING...and that she needed a soda...yes a soda...(she needed to reassure herself)

She turn to her friend to find out what kind of soda she wanted...her friend looked embarrassed at how freaked she was getting...she just said she would take a water...but at no rush

Her Roundness ordered a diet Coke...nice...and Saltine Crackers

I got the ladies their drinks and I went along as usual.

The lady hopped up again and asked me if the table that was available in plain sight was the one we planned on sitting her at...bc if it was, she was ready...you know...since it was a table and not a booth...

THAT IS WHY WE GIVE YOU PAGERS...SO WE CAN CALL YOU WHEN WE ARE READY...AND I AM AWARE OF THE DIFFERENCE OF A TABLE AND A BOOTH

I explained to her that we were not planning on sitting her there...but that we would get her at a table as requested.

She sat back down only to rejoin me in a few short minutes to tell me that she needed to more soda & some saltine crackers, and that her blood sugar was low...I again obliged.

This time I walked back and though of her choices...

She was a self professed diabetic...Most likely self induced as well.

Her choices...DIET SODA & Saltine Crackers...caused her misery.

THINK ABOUT YOUR CHOICES

No comments: