Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Turn Around

I went to get my nails done the other day...and what do you know...Paul is on vacation.

He goes on vacation a lot. I guess the nail business is pretty lucrative.

He told me he was going back to Vietnam to visit his family for a couple of weeks.

I was not sure if he was back or not, but it was 9am and I was up and moving...so what the heck.

I walked in and signed my name on the sheet and asked the guy, "Is Paul working?"

No, he was still on vacation...DANGIT...

I mean what were the odds...there were 20 empty chairs...lots of employees standing around...what were the chances I was going to be told to go to Laura's chair...

He told me...GO to #4, she do for you...

So I went...#15 was what I wanted to hear...that was Paul's chair...it just sounded better...

Or #18...Allan was good too...

So off to #4 I went...and what do you know...PINCHE LAURA.

I stood there for a second and weighed my options...I mean what if she had improved...or what if I went and asked for someone else...or what if she still sucked...and even worse remembered me.

I am sure she did remember me...she got clowned in front of everyone at the nail shop because of me.

So I walked back up to the front and asked him..."When does Paul come back from vacation?"

The date he told me was only two days away...I COULD WAIT...so I told him I would.

As I walked to my car and drove away I could see Laura in the front of the shop watching me...she was chuckling...I know that chuckle...I was SOOOOO glad I decided to leave.

But then I came back on the date they said and the other manager (the one who was there when Laura gave me the Tammy treatment) **reference Anjelah Johnson** told me that he was still on vacation for another week.

So I dove right in and got Rosa...who did an amazing job.

And I will see Paul Next time!!

But that time...I turned my ass around!!

No comments: