Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What's Cooler Than Being Cool

I was in Huntsvegas the other day when Singderella told me she had a patron that was cold.

***Ok so a restaurant confession...when you ask a restaurant associate to make it warmer in a restaurant that they are already sweating in...they probably don't pass on the message***

And if they do...it is more like this, "Hey 42 wants me to ask you to turn up the thermostat because he is cold...so this is me asking you"

And then we sometimes swing by the table and ask if it is better...it is funny because many times when you swing by you have done nothing to the temperature, but just in asking they feel better.

They give you a, "Oh yes, this is much better, thanks"

but not this a hole...and I REALLY turned the thermostat up.

It actually was a bit drafty in there.

I put that bad boy up 2 degrees.

When I went by the table he had more that I cared to listen to to say, "No, I can not feel a difference. It is too cold to eat. I am just way too cold. I don't feel like you did anything. Is Smokey here? I will just have to talk to him about it. Because this is not acceptable."

Smokey is the GM

So I apologized very "genuinely" because I hate when people call rank.

"I am really sorry. I actually turned it up, but I will go turn it up some more to make you comfortable."

Then he threatened me..."Well I hope it works because if it doesn't, I am just going to have to go somewhere else to eat."

I assured him that his drama was not necessary (not in those exact words) that it would get warmer. (at that point I already felt warmer)

So I put it up 2 more degrees...and would not go any further than that...I was not trying to sweat through my pretty blue shirt.

I walked past him again, and this time I could tell a drastic change of temperature...so I know he felt it.

So I asked him if he could feel the difference.

Of course he couldn't.

"I am just going to have to talk to Smokey, because this is ridiculous. His units must not be working. I mean it is just too cold to eat. This is uncomfortable. I don't have long sleeves or a jacket so I am going to have to go somewhere else."

I was happy on the inside, but I could not let it show..."Well I hate for you to have to leave. I can feel the difference, so you should soon. We do have warmer spots in the restaurant if you just want to move tables. You are sitting under a vent."

He cut his eyes up at me and then focused in on his margarita again.

So I let him be.

And he left. Assuring me that he would be calling Smokey.

So then What's cooler than being cool?

Andre 3000 would tell you ICE COLD...but my answer is knowing Smokey...go ahead!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bahaha I think I was bar that night and remember this specifically...i remember saying smokey would just laugh and suggest bringing in a jacket next time he came to eat

*Buzzer*