Thursday, December 30, 2010

That was a close one!!!

We have this nifty thing at work...Hot Schedules.

It is an online site that handles our scheduling.

There is even an app for it.

It sends you texts of your schedule, allows you to request off online, and allows you to swap shifts from your phone/computer.

It is great...really.

Well except this one time...

So I think I may have eluded to my heart not being in the restaurant any more...and if I haven't, that is where I am.

I got a text with my two days (I have another job & only work 2 shifts a week)...I was not surprised that these two shifts were on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day...That is kind of what happens sometimes.

I have celebrated enough New Years to prefer money...just saying.

When I confirmed my schedule on the computer I saw something that was not kosher!!!

My two shifts were not the two QA shifts that I normally work...but SERVING...

In the words of an old Guatemalan cook named Isreal...in his accent, "Oh HELL NO..."

I just don't have it in me to humor people anymore.

I love the kitchen...the folks in it...but I cannot handle the guests anymore.

I just knew I was going to go out with a Half Baked exit...and I didn't want to do that.

So I started communication early and called in a favor...

That was a close one!!!

(THANKS CHARLES & MENDEZ)

No comments: