Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Por Favor

When I got to work today there was a rather rotund man at the bar drinking margaritas. That is not so out of the ordinary...we do have a great margarita!!!

He was a total creep...his smile and eyes freaked everyone out. The hostesses were especially freaked by him.

After an hour or so my busser called my to the bar area to meet this guy. He kissed my hand and I informed him that I was spoken for. I then did what any other woman would do...I avoided him.

I saw some regular sit at the bar down from him and I went over to talk to them. J was on the phone so I spoke with his wife...in the midst of his phone conversation I hear J spout...back off buddy she is my lady.

The man then asked me in Spanish if J was my husband. I said no...and that set him off.

He then yelled across the bar...Hey C*ch*...I wasn't looking at your wife...I was looking at her (me)...he was looking at both of us.

I pleaded with the guy in Spanish to please not cause a scene in the restaurant...to please drop it. He insisted that J was the one that started it. I asked J's wife to contain him and let me deal with the drunkard.

This was hard for J bc he is a defender of all women...especially women that he is close to.

I started with the rotund sir by begging him...por favor...pay your bill and leave...I also gave "the look to Teej & flat out told the hostess to go get Paul"

that wasn't working

he wanted to finish his drink...when I told him he could not he didn't even skip a step...he invited J outside with him.

J was now off the phone but keeping his mouth semi shut...when J fired a comment back I changed my story.

I told the man that I would cover his bill but he had to go. Paul was there for my back up. The man started to leave and turned around to creep out our hostess further...when Paul reiterated where the door was...

he tossed an FU Paul's way...and all I could think was...POR FAVOR

No comments: